It’s your baby. You’ve spent years raising it from nothing but an idea into a successful enterprise. For Business Sellers it’s hard to imagine life without it, but you know in your heart that it’s time to move on.
Selling a business is not an easy thing to do. There are massive pitfalls, both legal and financial. And unhappy buyer of your business has a great deal of recourse against you and your family, up to and including coming after your most valued personal assets. RVA Advisors will guide you and represent you to make sure your sale proceeds as smoothly and positively as possible. Here’s how:
- All correspondence (verbal and written) between seller and RVA Advisors is always held in strict confidence.
- No information is ever shared with third parties without consent from the seller.
- Confidentiality is bound by “Broker’s Confidentiality Agreement,” which includes any potential buyers who may be interested in your business.
- We collect pertinent information about your business which is then cross-referenced with our database of similar area businesses.
- We recast company financials to reflect the true economic performance of the business.
- We complete a valuation report for your business.
- We prepare a marketing package to enhance the charisma of your business when working with prospective buyers.
- We develop a marketing plan for the most likely regions to produce buyers:
- DC – northern Virginia
- Central Virginia
This Marketing Plan Includes:
- Local and national listing through popular business brokerage portals
- Web site listings: regional and national
- Targeted Direct Marketing campaigns, when applicable
- Grass-roots efforts utilizing our network of 80 agents to generate leads
- We screen all buyers that express interest in your business.
- Financial capacity to buy
- References check
- Buyer profile
- Buyer confidentiality agreement
Buyers who meet criteria will be able to view the following in respective order:
- Business profile: summary information of business (no identity of location or business name)
- Marketing Package: upon consent by the seller
- We work with the buyer to submit a formal offer, represent seller in negotiations, assist buyer in lease negotiations and financing.